Monday, March 28, 2011

Things I've invented

When I die, I think instead of images from my life flashing before my eyes, it will be the last viewed screen of Facebook posts.

I invented Facebook.  Or definitely had a major part in it.  Which brings me to.....

Things I invented.  Or at least came up with the concept.

1. Facebook (Winklevoss, Shminklevoss).

While pregnant with my first child in early 2004, I remember my friend and I were trolling the internet, finding bits and pieces on old classmates, some of whom had actually posted information, and in a few cases--pictures!  After being disappointed that we were unable to find any real information of value, I remember distinctly one of us saying, “there really should be a central place you can go to share information about yourself, and see backgrounds and photos of people so you can catch up”.  And then like a month later Zuckerberg launched his site.


2.  Desperate Housewives, Season 7, Episode 14 “Flashback”

Line: “Hey neighbor”.

Long story, but that line was stolen from me word for word.


3.  Spanx.

For years, I would buy my tights a couple sizes too small to squeeze myself into.  Which reminds me of...


4.  Chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream.

Huge fan of raw cookie dough all my life.  HUGE fan of vanilla ice cream.  I think I was about 13 (at least a couple of years before Ben and Jerry’s launch of their cookie dough ice cream) when I thought of putting the two together. 


5. lol.

Right there, in a note from junior high, next to BFF, LYLAS, F/F and SFA (Sisters Forever Always)? 
....and I could go on and on.  My next invention that I don’t think anyone has patented or copywrited yet is going to be-- whoa- never mind, it’s top secret.  I’m sure you’ll hear about it once someone else steals it.

Absolutelynoproblems on Facebook!  Visit us and hit "Like"!

1 comment: